The Ruhrfestspiele Recklinghausen GmbH host the annual Ruhrfestspiele. The following General Terms and Conditions of Business apply to the purchase of tickets for the Ruhrfestspiele, the rights arising from them and the events taking place within the framework of the Ruhrfestspiele.
II. Admission fees
1. The admission prices printed in the Ruhrfestspiele programme of events are valid. The prices quoted include all fees except postage and booking fees. At the day / evening box office, which usually opens one hour before the start of the event, any remaining tickets will be on sale.
2. Reduced admission prices are granted on all available tickets for children, schoolchildren, students (up to 27 years of age), persons performing federal voluntary service, trainees and unemployed persons, unless otherwise stated. Proof of eligibility must be provided when purchasing the tickets and when attending the event by presenting the relevant original documents. If the entitlement cannot be proven when attending the event, the difference to the regular admission price must be paid.
III. Ticket purchase
1. Tickets purchased at the box office or at an advance booking office must be checked immediately with regard to the desired number, price, date, event, venue and seat category. Subsequent complaints cannot be accepted.
2. Tickets sent by post must also be checked immediately upon receipt for the desired number, price, date, event, venue and seat category. The postmark, the fax report or the transmission protocol of the e-mail is decisive for the observance of the obligation to make a complaint. Subsequent complaints cannot be accepted.
3. If the print@home procedure is used, the admission ticket sent electronically to the customer is printed out directly at the customer's premises. The customer may make a printed copy of ordered admission tickets for the purpose of their intended use; the customer is not entitled to make multiple printouts or to duplicate the printed admission ticket - in whatever form - in order to sell the duplicated items or to gain unauthorised access to events for himself or third parties. The customer must take all reasonable measures to prevent the duplication of admission tickets by third parties. The organiser reserves the right to demand compensation for any damage resulting from the duplication from the customer whose ticket has been duplicated without authorisation through his fault. The code on the print@home admission ticket, which can be used once, will be validated electronically at the event location using a code scanner. Admission tickets with an already validated or illegible code do not entitle the holder to enter the event. The organizer is not liable to the customer for damages resulting from unauthorized duplication or misuse of a print@home ticket, unless the organizer has caused the damage at least through gross negligence. In all other respects, the other regulations concerning admission tickets contained in these General Terms and Conditions of Business apply.
IV. Passing on of admision tickets
1. Tickets are sold for private use only. It is especially prohibited,
a) to offer the tickets in Internet auction;
b) to sell the tickets commercially;
c) in the context of a non-commercial transfer, to sell the admission tickets at a higher price than that indicated on the admission ticket;
d) to pass on or use the tickets without the prior written consent of the Organiser for the purposes of advertising, marketing, as a bonus, promotional gift, prize or as part of an unauthorised hospitality or travel package.
2. If an admission ticket is used for the aforementioned inadmissible purposes, it loses its validity. In this case, the organizer is entitled to block the ticket and to refuse the ticket holder admission to the event without compensation and without refund.
3. Further claims for damages remain unaffected. The organizer also reserves the right to exclude persons who violate the aforementioned prohibitions from purchasing tickets in the future.
4. The organizer is not liable to the visitors for services and prices of other ticket providers.
V. Return of admission tickets
1. Return and exchange of admission tickets are generally excluded. Admission tickets lost or destroyed by the customer will not be replaced or refunded; this also applies if admission tickets are lost during delivery by mail.
2. Cast and programme may be subject to change and do not entitle the customer to return the admission ticket. The ticket price will be refunded if an event is cancelled before the start or within the first half of the event running time, minus the system and advance selling fee. The refund is usually made by bank transfer if the tickets are sent to the organizer within 2 weeks after the planned event, stating the bank details. Tickets may only be returned due to a postponement of the event up to the day before the final event date. The reimbursement regulation shall not apply if an open-air event has to be moved to a hall, in the event of visibility restrictions, if an event is cancelled or abandoned due to force majeure, strike, illness or similar events, for which the organiser cannot be held responsible.
Vouchers from the organizer can be redeemed at the authorized advance booking offices for tickets for all events, provided that tickets are still available for the respective event. The original voucher must be presented. Vouchers can only be credited at the time of purchase. They cannot be redeemed against tickets already purchased. If the value of the voucher is not sufficient to cover the order, the remainder will billed. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash. Cash payment of remainders is not possible. Any remaining sum will be transferred to a new voucher.
VII. Event schedule
1. In order to ensure the smooth running of the event, the customer is obliged to take the seat to which he is entitled on the basis of the admission ticket and to switch off signal functions on mobile telephones and other electronic devices before the event begins. Visitors arriving after the fixed start time of an event are not entitled to the seat purchased. In addition, they can only be admitted if this does not disturb the event. In these cases there is no right to a refund of the admission fee.
2. The event organiser exercises its domiciliary rights in the event locations. The organiser is entitled to expel people from the premises or ban people from entering the premises or to take any other suitable measures in line with its domiciliary rights. In particular, visitors may be expelled from events if they cause a disturbance, bother other visitors or infringe on the General Terms and Conditions in another way. Access may be prohibited if there are grounds to presume that a visitor may disturb the event or bother other visitors.
VIII. Audio, photo and film recordings
1. For copyright and ancillary copyright reasons, all audio, photo and film recordings, including for private use, are strictly prohibited. Violations are punishable under copyright law and may result in claims for damages.
2. In the event of violations, the admission personnel is entitled to confiscate recording devices and cameras and to retain them until the end of the performance. Recording devices on which parts of the performance are recorded will only be handed back to the visitor after he/she has agreed to the prior deletion of the recordings.
By purchasing an admission ticket and by entering the event venue, the visitor agrees to allow possible images of his/her person and reproduction of his/her voice in any media coverage (e.g. photos, TV recordings and broadcasting) made by the organiser or its representative in connection with the event without payment. This consent incorporates the reproduction and use of the image and voice in a usual and reasonable way.
1. The organizer, his legal representatives and his vicarious agents are only liable in cases of intent or gross negligence.
2. The organiser’s liability for the violation of material contractual duties also in cases of simple negligence remains unaffected by the afore-mentioned liability limitation; this is, however, limited to damages that are foreseeable and typical of the contract. Claims for damages resulting from injuries to life, limb or health as well as in accordance with product liability law remain unaffected by the aforementioned limitation of liability.
X. Storage of data
The Organiser is entitled to store the personal data made known to him through the reservation or sale of tickets and to use them for the purpose underlying the collection. These data will not be passed on to third parties. Personal data is collected in accordance with the legal data protection requirements. The data protection declaration in accordance with Art. 13 of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (EU-DSGVO) can be viewed here (German version).
XI. Final provisions
German law applies exclusively. The location for all legal and judicial purposes for all claims between the organiser and merchants or legal representatives of public bodies or public funding organisations is Recklinghausen, in the absence of any irrefutable legal claims to the contrary. Should any individual provision above become invalid or be superseded by a specific agreement, this will not affect the effectiveness of the other provisions in any way.